I graduated High School in 2005 from Pontotoc High School. I attended Itawamba Community College and graduated with an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in 2007. Four years ago, I began my journey to obtain my Bachelor's Degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. I am so proud to say that I finally graduated in the Summer of 2019 with Highest Honors and I officially gained my Bachelor's in Elementary Education!
I have been working with children for as long as I can remember. I began working as an assistant teacher for Hope Sullivan Elementary in 2011. I spent 7 years there. In 2018-2019, I was an instructional assistant at DCE. I am thankful for the time I had to get to know the staff and students of the school while I was an assistant here.. I look forward to my second year of having a class of my own!
I have been married for thirteen years to my best friend, Chris. We have two daughters, Anne Marie (7) and Jaycie (5). We also have a fur baby, Annie (8) and a new puppy named Dottie. I am originally from Pontotoc, MS, but because of my Husband's job, we moved to Desoto County in 2010. We currently live in Senatobia and are members of Calvary Baptist Church in Horn Lake. We love Alabama football, Memphis Grizzlies basketball, and St. Louis Cardinals baseball. I also enjoy fishing, deer hunting, and riding four wheelers!
Very Important Information
For my IN CLASS Students (Parents please read):
The first day of school is almost here! I can't wait to see all of your faces! Here are a few reminders for Monday:
1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED! Please bring a mask with you to school. We will provide a lanyard for you to hang your mask on during the day, but want to keep them here at the end of the day so that they don't get forgotten at home.
2. We will have lunch IN THE CAFETERIA ALL WEEK! We will practice what this looks like before we do it, but I just wanted you to know we will be in the cafeteria for lunch. THE EASIEST WAY to pay for your lunch is online. The link to access all things lunch related is https://desotocountycn.org/
3. PLEASE BRING A WATER BOTTLE EVERY DAY! We have added water filling stations and are trying to avoid using the regular water fountain at all costs! I will allow children to keep their bottles at their seats.
4. DON'T FORGET YOUR SNACK! (Candy is NOT considered a snack!)
For my VIRTUAL LEARNING Students (Parents please read):
I know this year is going to look a LOT different for you than you are used to, but PLEASE know that I still think of each of you as my students and I have been working tirelessly on providing you with materials like what we will be doing in class! Here are a few reminders for Monday:
1. YOU MUST LOGIN TO SCHOOLOGY EVERY DAY STARTING ON MONDAY!
2. Please watch the video I have created for you which will help explain how next week will go! Click on the link below! (By the way... It is nearly 12 minutes long, but I hope you'll watch all of it so that you will be better prepared for Monday.) Don't forget to give me grace, as being in front of a camera is not my strong point :)
3. Here is a link to great videos that will help with frequently asked questions you may have about Schoology: https://dcsms-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/ashley_cox_dcsms_org/EfhKFhZwdipJsB67mJg0X_cB3ALiQVYoLzF5br2os2XkbA?e=g2HdU1
4. PLEASE BE PATIENT with each of us as we navigate Virtual Learning together. We don't have all the answers yet but I promise we will try to find them for you as they arise. This is such a new process to all involved, but I know that with time and dedication, you will be successful in learning virtually! I look forward to seeing you guys next week!
Welcome to 5th grade! I look forward to spending the year with you, whether it will be in person or virtually. I hope that you will watch the video (click on the link) below and have a better idea of where your classroom(s) will be and what they look like! I can't wait to meet you all!
Click the link below!
Students Arrive 8:05-8:40 (Tardy bell @ 8:40)
1st Block 8:40-10:00
2nd Block 10:05-11:25
3rd Block 11:30-3:05
- Lunch 11:40-12:20
- Recess 12:25-12:50
- Activity 2:20-3:05
Dismissal Begins @ 3:10
Students can access several Websites to help practice Math skills! Here are a few recommendations:
Prodigy - "A no-cost math game that's loved by over a million teachers and 50 million students around the world, is using game-based learning to transform education. Prodigy delivers a unique learning experience through an interactive math game where success depends on correctly answering skill-building math questions."
Students should have their login information to access prodigy. Here is a link! https://www.prodigygame.com/
Khan Academy - "A non-profit educational organization created in 2008 with the goal of creating a set of online tools that help educate students. The organization produces short lessons in the form of videos. Its website also includes supplementary practice exercises and materials for educators."
Stuck on a topic? Watch a video on Khan Academy to help with the skill. Here is a link!
August 17 - Students' First Day of School
September 7 - Labor Day Holiday