About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
- graduated from Olive Branch schools
- attended Union University 2 years, received B.S. in Elementary Education from Crichton College
- received advanced level of spanish language from ILE in Costa Rica
- taught 4th grade at Olive Branch Intermediate, 1997-2000
- homeschooled 2 of my 4 children while living in Honduras, 2008-2014
- taught and lived at The Good Shepherd Children's Home, Honduras, 2008-2014
I love teaching and am so excited to be teaching Science and Social Studies this year! I like to have fun in my classroom as we learn- so get ready!
This is my 6th year to teach at DCES and my 14th year as a teacher. As you might have heard, my family and I served as missionaries at an orphanage in Honduras for 6 years (where we adopted our oldest child) I have been married for 24 years to Kevin, who is a Captain with the Olive Branch Police. We have 4 children (Jeimy, Garrett, Molly, Sophie) One of the jobs I did while in Honduras was to teach at the children’s home school.(LOVED it) We have been back in Mississippi for several years. I have two dogs and a cat and we live in the country in Olive Branch.
I am looking forward to a great year together. If you have any concerns or questions throughout the year, never hesitate to come to me. My desire is for my students to learn great things from me, to laugh, and to feel loved. That’s the goal in my classroom.
7:55-8:30 students arriving, independent work time (students may eat snack during this time, if desired)
Activity 9:35-10:20 daily
11:35-12:05 Lunch and bathroom
September11th- Vocabulary Test & Progress Reports go home
September 24th- Fall Pictures
Due Date: 9/27/2019
Subject: 4th Grade Social Studies
Current Event Due
The article must be brought in with current event worksheet (or a parent excuse written).