About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
In 2004 I graduated from the University of Mississippi with a degree in Elementary Education. I am also National Board certified in Literacy.
- 2nd grade from 2004-2016
- 3rd grade 2016-2019
My name is Tiffany Faulkner. I am National Board Certified in Literacy. I graduated from Southaven High school in 1999 and Ole Miss in 2004. I am married to Jason Faulkner, and we have two daughters. This is my 15th year to teach!
(Wear gym shoes on Fridays.)
- Dec. 6th- Santa's workshop 11:15
- Dec. 12th- 5th grade talent show 5:30-7:00
- Dec. 19th- class Christmas party 9:00
- Dec. 20th-end 9 weeks
- Dec. 23-Jan 1st- Christmas break
- Reading: read for at least 20 minutes, Math: study facts, 0,1,2,5,10,3,6
- Vocabulary: study definitions, synonyms and antonyms, Spelling: study
- RL 3.1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understand of a text
- RL 3.2: Determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain
- RL 3.3: Describe character in a story (traits, motivations, or feeling)
- RL 3.4: determine the meaning of words, literal/nonliteral language
- RL 3.9: compare/contrast these, setting, and plots of stories
- RI 3.5: use text features to locate information
- RI 3.6: distinguish point of view
- RI 3.7: use info gained from illustrations to demonstrate understanding
- heading and subheading
- table of contents
- table and timeline
- text box
- photograph and caption
- bold print and italics
- charts and maps
- Order and Sequence
- W 3.2: write informative/explanatory text to examine a topic
- W 3.5: develop and strengthen writing
- W 3.6: use technology to produce and publish writing
- W 3.7: conduct short research projects
- W 3.8: take brief notes on sources
- 3.MD.1: time
- 3.MD.2: liquid volume/mass
- 3.MD.5,6,6: area
- 3.OA.8: two step word problems
- 3.MD.3: graphing
multiplication Fact Fluency Test Information
For the 1st 9 weeks we will be working on mastering 0, 1, 2, 5, and 10's. Your child will be given 25 problems and will be expected to complete the 25 problems within a 5 minute time frame. Your child will be allotted minutes to complete the multiplication section of the test.
*If your child has mastered 0, 1, 2, 5, and 10's, begin working on 3's and 6's for the 2nd 9 weeks.
*3rd 9 weeks we will add 4's and 8's with 75 problems to complete in 5 minutes.
*4th 9 weeks we will add 7's and 9's with 100 problems to complete in 5 minutes.
Please sign up for REMIND101 updates:
text @a94d8h to 81010
** My website will be updated weekly. Daily information will be sent through REMIND text/Powerschool. This is the most effective way to keep you up to date.
** Please make sure your child eats breakfast and remind your child to pack a snack and water each day.
** All transportation changes must be made in writing.
** Please do not send your child to school sick. Please review the DCES student handbook for our policy for sick children. I know it is inconvient, but please consider the well being of the entire class.